- Rapid checking of materials that are going to be processed within our industry
- Quality control of the delivered products
- "Chemical" archive of manufactured items
- Analysis and resolution of problems
Examples of analysis and resolution of problems
Serigraphy print on silver foil/paper is defective
This type of ink gets deposited by means of serigraphic techniques on a silver foil tethered on paper. The printing follows a protocol that was previously set and has been always successful until this problem appeared.
Type of analyses performed and required times
20' Detailed explanation of the problem. Our request of sample specimens including paper, ink, foil and finished product. 20' Microscope analysis 10' ATR FT-IR analysis 20' Results comparison with data deposited in our historical database 20' Identification of possible cause of the problem and suggestions for sound solutions. 1h 30' TOT required time
The laboratory counts several high-tech instrumentations to analyse different types of materials both chemically and physically.
- UV-Vis spectrophotometer by Thermofisher
- Gas chromatographer coupled to single quadrupole by Thermofisher. The platform is controlled by chromeleon software.
- Liquid chromatographer coupled to triple quadrupole by Thermofisher. The platform is controlled by chromeleon software.
- Infrared Spectrometer with Fourier Tansform (FT-IR) by Jasco. The instrument is equipped to perform Attenuated Total Reflectance (ATR) analyses.
- pH-meter Hanna Instruments
- Digital probe for conductivity measurements by Hanna instruments
- Stereoscopic Microscope 100x by Zeiss
- Flexometer type Bally by Giuliani
- Abrasimeter type Martindale
- Abrasimeter type crockmeter by Mesdan
- Abrasimeter type Veslic by Giuliani
- Bilancia analitica di precisione
- Ventilated oven (up to 400°C)
- Thermostated ultrasonic bath by Falc
- Small molecules analysis in substrates of different type (leather, paper, cardboard, plastics, textile, etc..)
- Fingerprint recording of simple/complex specimens with data storage into dedicated archives.
First, the samples get analysed by ATR FT-IR on its surface (solid material) or in solution (liquid material). Spectrometric data are then supported by headspace GC and microscope analyses. These three techniques allow "to take a picture" of the material.
All pieces of information are archived into a dedicated informatic platform. The access to the information by clients and suppliers is strictly regulated and data can be shared only upon specific authorization.